Entry for the second edition of the Petrichor music competition ends today 30th September 2022. Here is a look at the details and how to register for the 2022 Petrichor International Music Competition.
The Petrichor Music Competition is an annual musical performance and composition contest provides support, inspiration, and exposure to composers, instrumentalists, singers, ensembles, and orchestras from around the world.
The September 30th deadline which was an extension will be the final deadline. This year’s competition will feature 12 categories and a whopping $60,000 value in prizes to be won.
CATEGORIES FOR 2022 PETRICHOR INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION
There are 12 categories in the 2022 Petrichor International Music Competition. These includes
a. Solo Performers under the age of 16
b. Solo Performers under the age of 21
c. Solo Performers over the age of 21
d. Small ensembles
e. Large Ensembles/Orchestras/Choirs
f. Composers under the age of 21
g. Composers over the age of 21
h. Electronic or multidisciplinary works
i. Film/Game/Animation Music
j. Arrangements of pre-existing works
l. Best Album
HOW TO APPLY FOR 2022 PETRICHOR INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION
Participants for the 2022 Petrichor Music Competition are at liberty to enter for one or more categories. Participation will be conducted entirely online. Musicians are asked to submit videos of their performances, and composers and improvisers to submit audio recordings or score submissions.
ENTRY GUIDELINES FOR 2022 PETRICHOR INTERNATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITION
1. Participants may apply for multiple categories with the same or different works.
2. It is not necessary to record in a studio. Please use the best available technology you have available. You may use a smartphone, tablet, or iPad, a computer with a webcam, camcorder, camera, or any other device that can record both audio and video. Multicam videos are accepted.
3. Videos may be live recordings of concerts
4. Videos may have been submitted to other competitions in the past.
5. Each video may contain only one piece. Videos containing multiple pieces must be split and uploaded as separate entries.
6. Video and audio recordings may be of any length. The maximum upload size is 5 GB.
To get additional information about the competition, including Entry fees and prizes, click on the link here. Read More Information.
Good luck to participants. Click to Apply Now.
I am Music Estate’s Music Director