Warren County Summer Music School Warren, Pennsylvania has announced the commencement of entry for the 7th annual Promising Young Composers Competition is now open for young composers.
The promising young composers competition is poised to discover young talented minds, as the Amuwo Odofin Children Choir.
All entries for the promising young composers competition must be received by March 1, 2020
METHOD OF APPLICATION
• E-mail application plus a PDF copy of your composition and an MP3 recording, with composer’s name removed from score and recording, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• First prize: $1,000 USD; each age group prize, $250
Download Application Form Here
1. The Young Composer may be ages 15 – 18, 19 – 23, or 24 – 30 as of March 1, 2020
2. All The composition must be an unpublished, original work
3. For the award to be conferred on winners, they will be required to submit current photo and full name.
1. The composition must be appropriate for performance by students in grades 7-12
2. The composition must be written for one of the following:
- instrumental — solo, chamber, or large ensemble
- vocal — art song, small vocal ensemble or chorus (any combination of voices)
Entry for Vocals should be between two to five minutes.
Entry for Instrumental must be less than 9 minutes.
• Winners agree that the Warren County Summer Music School may perform the winning works without fee or royalty in perpetuity
Only one composition per composer will be accepted for the Young Promising Composers competition.
The very best to young composers out there.